The OpenSyllabus prototype...
OpenSyllabus Roadmap is a big-picture view of functionality, ideas and hopes we expect OpenSyllabus to include in mid-term and long-term future. This roadmap is based on feedback from current OpenSyllabus developers and Sakai community members. The following items are listed in the order of our actual priorities:
- Course Outline Sharing (CO sharable content).
Ressources and texts could be shared among different Course Outlines. For instance, different COs can inherit basic content (resources & texts) from a Master CO. A course delivered by different teachers could share one Master CO. This allows each teacher to build a different CO from the inherited Master CO. Inherited content could not be edited but new content could be added.
- Integration to Academic Information System
- UX improvement
- Drag & Drop Mechanism for syllabus structure tree
- OSYL setting management tool
It is a friendly tool dedicated to SAKAI administrators for managing OSYL configuration. It allows the setting of different configurations according to
- the university or department standards
- different course outline structures
- specific vocabulary and terminology
- Resources copyright Management
- Resources tagging attributes : available at library, available at bookstore, etc
- Course display format :
- Course Outline Export Format (PDF, XML)
- Global/Lengthy Course Outline View
- Integration to other related Sakai Tools :
Citation Tool, SCORM Player, Forum, Wiki , Exercises, Podcast, new Sakai Portal MyCamTools, etc.
- Mathematical Equations Enabling
- Learning Module Encapsulation and Sharing
- User Feedback Management
- Offline capabilities (Google Gears ?)