- Kate ran a training session for judges committee last week.
- Used Elluminate, worked ok, needs a bit of training.
- 2:00 p.m. EDT would be better for Salim.
- Kate will update by email.
- Use Doodle or Timebridge to set a good time.
- Have a conference call available as a backup.
- Skype conference calls seems to work fine with Connect.
- Skype recorder available.
- Josh needs frequent reminders.
- Paris: Had a 75, 90 minute slot. Worked fine.
- Ask speakers to limit their presentation to 30 minutes, leave time for Q&A.
- Need to be recorded.
- Ustream.tv or home-made:
- We need to bring in some equipment in that case.
- Ask our sponsors to help us with this. Has value for them.
- Keynote and featured speakers should also be recorded.
- Michael will release a concept document in the next weeks.
- We need a new process to share our requirements with developers.
- Kate: IU has a process. Link to somewhat outdated information: https://oncourse.iu.edu/portal/site/!gateway/page/895a1a30-ac76-483c-8040-9ff3946d1c6c
- Attachment to this page-rough notes of process -this is the process
- Two committees that guide development
- *# FRC: Staff from teaching centers, IT, prioritize suggestions for enhancements and makes recommendations to the OPC
- OPC: Mostly faculty--decides what development work will go forward
- Getting the new LMS at par with the old one was the first big task.
- "Suggestions" / requests come from many places:
- *# Summary by suggestions analysis team from input from web-based form
- FRC members through their work with faculty and staff
- Requests from departments & schools for substantial enhancements and new functionality
- List of known issues, not bugs but "unexpected behaviors".
- Survey to users which generated list of top ten requests
- anaysi of previous suggestions