Participants: Mathieu, Josh, Robin, Sue, Peter Knoop, Charlie, Kelli, Salwa
Sakai 3.0 demo site.
0. U Michigan Sakai Survey
- Steve Lonn wanted to hear back from any institution who would be interested in doing this survey themself.
- Peter says it would be nice to discuss the questions, to standardize the results and get a larger data pool.
1. Joint Meeting of End-User and Teaching and Learning Groups
Two dates and times are on the table:
Tuesday Jan. 13
Wednesday Jan. 14
- Agenda for the Joint Meeting with End-User Group
2. Mergers in Confluence spaces/Groups
- Peter: Sent a message to some targeted people to test the waters.
- Building Sakai, Using Sakai, Deploying Sakai
- Building: Developers
- Deploying: System administrators
- Using: Practices, troubleshooting
- ... and ad hoc working groups
- Will be implemented at the end of January. Need to move large chunks of Confluence pages.
- Goal: Better understanding of the community for newbies, less redundancy.
- Get only 3 or 4 entry points instead of the flat list we have right now.
- Get more relevant results on Google.
- Need to have a clean entry point, gets messy when people dive deeper down.
- Charlie: Deer in the headlight behavior when explaining the Sakai community to faculty, staff.
- New Sakaiproject.org has helped a lot.
3. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
- TWSIA09 Planning
- Everything looks fine at this point.
- Preliminary judge selection process to be addressed shortly.
- Article has been posted.
- Need to add the bios of our main judges.
- Josh is working with Campus Technology to get more press on the Award.
- Put a count on the number of submissions to date: double-edge sword...
4. Official Sakai Book
- Michael and Alan Berg are the main contributors.
- Josh will help write a chapter on the TWSIA winners of last year.