A conference call is planned for 21 September 2007, Friday, 12:00PM-1:00PM (Eastern US time) using the Sakai001 Conference Bridge. (|#Agenda)
With the beginning of the semester behind us at many Sakai organizations, it seems like a good time to gather as a community and share our production experiences. For many, it was the first time in production with 2.4, and for some a bumpy road, with important lessons-learned from which the rest of the community could benefit.
If you plan on attending, please let me know, Peter A. Knoop. If Between now and December 2007 we have set up a series of online conferences scheduled for Fridays at the following times:
Sept-Oct, 12:00 PM, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4.
Nov-Dec, 12:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time (EST), UTC-5.
The meetings provide an opportunity for those of you deeply involved in running a production deployment to meet and share information.
If there is sufficient interest, we can turn this into a regularly-scheduled occurrence going forward.
The Conference Bridges support The Conference Bridge, courtesy of Indiana University, supports both network (e.g., Polycom, XMeeting, NetMeeting) and telephone connections.
Sakai001 (Scheduled Meetings)
Conference Code: 348
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
If you have topic you would like to see on the agenda, please contact Peter A. Knoop.
- Sakai Production Deployment Database – make sure your listed and that your information is up-to-date
- Jira Filtes: Production Deployments
- Production Statistics
- What defines a "big versus small deployment"?
- What statistics do you track and use for your resource planning?
- What are the "lessons-learned" from your recent experience?
- How did it go overall?
- Are there key Jiras in the 2.4.x maintenance branch that you found essential in addressing your problems, and which the community should be made aware of?
- Strategies for using 2.4.x in production.
RSVP'ed they'll be there:
- Georgia Tech (Clay Fenlason)
- Indiana University (Lance Speelmon and others)
- RSmart (Hannah Reeves)
- Stanford (Casey Dunn, Julian Morley)
- University of California - Berkeley (Oliver Heyer and others)
- University of California - Davis (Thomas Amsler and others)
- University of Cambridge (Ian Boston and others)
- University of Michigan (David Haines, John Leasia)
- Unicon (Chris Franz)