*Please note that as of June 2007, the Resources Viewer tool now has its own Confluence space here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/RSV/Home
This page is the home for work on a proposed Resources Viewer tool as discussed in several requirements and feature request tickets in JIRA. Proposals have been discussed in the following tickets (and possibly others):
- REQ-9: Structuring content for presentation
- REQ-111: Resource Viewer Tool
- REQ-63: New Tool for Structured Pesentation of Content
- SAK-3132: Allow instructors to create left-menu button that links to a subfolder in the site's resources
- SAK-3124: Allow users to see descriptions of resources in list view
- REQ-379: Configurable Display fields for resources, including description field
Tool source here:
We are exploring the possibility of creating a tool and making it available in Sakai 2.4.
Work that meets some of these requirements is being developed by Mark Norton as part of the POCS tool. This work has been submitted as a presentation proposal for the Dec. 2007 Sakai Conference in Newport Beach, CA.