- Provide a friendly interface for administrators to delegated delegate user access to specific sites or department levels.
- Provide a friendly interface for administrators to delegated delegate shopping period admin privileges for users at the site or departments level.
- Provide a friendly interface for delegated users to view, search and access their delegated sites.
- Provide a friendly interface for delegated shopping period admins to adjust shopping period data within their scope of privileges.
- Allow a user, who have has been granted access to sites, to use access the site using the direct URL for the site to access it.
The delegated access tool allows administrators to search for users and delegate site, role, and shopping period admin access. It also allows you to select specific tools the user should not have access to.
The easiest way to think of how the tool works is liking relating it to the Role Swap feature in Sakai. Instead of just swapping the role, you can specify the realm and role the user will receive for that particular site or node in the hierarchy. All child nodes will inherit the parent settings unless overridden.
The shopping period tool is just a special use case of the Delegated Access Tool from the perspective of a shopping consumer. In another words, we treat the .anon or .auth role as a delegated user which we can determine what role they will inherit when they enter a site. There are three user cases that the shopping period section handles: