- The selection of criteria will define a pedagogical model, are we okay with that? (i.e., lean toward constructivism vs instructivism)
- Do we like the category designations?
- Are there other elements to include within the categories?
- Shall we use a rubric format both for self-evaluation in the application and for judging?
- If we use a rubric, how many options do we want?
- a. WebCT had 6 options: Exemplary, Accomplished, Promising, Incomplete, Not evident, and Not Appropriate
- b. Chico uses Baseline, Effective, and Exemplary
- c. Others use a typical Likert scale of qualities such as few, minimum, moderate, above average, and high level
- Is there a certain percentage of Exemplary ratings that is required to be a finalist?
- Does one category (i.e., innovation or collaboration) outweigh other categories?
- Do all categories have to be present for a course to be exemplary?