The TQ Test Fest is designed to get people involved with Functional Testing for the Teaching Evaluations/Questionnaires 1.4 release. Everyone is welcome, from sysadmin to developer to consultant.
Please read the information below to get started.
When: Tuesday, February 21st starting at 7:00am EST
How do I get involved?
- Create an account at https://jira.sakaiproject.org/ to be able to create JIRA Issues.
- Create an account here (on confluence) to be able to add your information to the Sign Up sheet below.
Test Fest JIRA
All issues found during the Test Fest should be created as Sub-Tasks in JIRA for the following version 1.4.0-B10 at https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS
The Evaluation System is used to conduct formative and summative (End of Term) evaluations and review the results. An evaluation consists of a series of scaled and/or free text questions, which are delivered to students over a fixed time period (typically a few days). This guide will explain how to create items (questions), templates, and evaluations, deliver the evaluation and view the results. Permissions have been assigned for the "maintain" and "access" roles. Instructors with the maintain role can create a template, assign an evaluation to a template, and be evaluated in an evaluation. Students with the access role can complete and submit an evaluation. Test IDs were created for an Instructor and Students to assist the tester with this effort.
Overview of Evaluation Process
The process of using the Evaluation Tool involves the following general steps:
1. Create your items (this is optional as you can also create items while creating a template)
2. Create a template
3. Add items to your template
4. Create an evaluation
a. Set the parameters for the evaluation
5. Run the evaluation
6. View the results
Each of these steps are explained in the following sections.
If you are new to QA testing for Sakai, there are some things that you do before the Test Fest begins:
Creating test accounts and sites on the Sakai QA servers
- The QA5 server is available for testing and can be found here.
Quick link: http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org/portal
- Login to the Qa5 server:
- UserID = admin
- Password = (traditional Sakai login) contact Cathy Crouch if you need additional information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- On the Sakai QA servers, each user can create his or her own test accounts and sites.
- Test accounts have been setup for the following IDs: Instructor01, Student01, and Student02. See the Information page of the test plan for details.
- Navigation for Teaching Evaluations: Click on "More Sites" at the top of the page > "TQ-test" site > Evaluation System tool
The Evaluations Dashboard provides a summary of group information and the current status of your evaluations. Links at the top of the page when selected will display the following:
- My Evaluations
- My Templates
- My Items
- My Scales
- My Email Templates
- + Add Template
- + Add Evaluation
You'll also see two boxes on the screen which are described below:
- Site/Group Listing: displays the groups that the instructor can be evaluated in and the groups they can evaluate.
- Evaluations I am creating or administering: displays the Title, Status and Date of the instructor's evaluations
- Clicking on the Title of the evaluation will bring up a preview of the evaluation.
- The Status column will indicate whether an evaluation is active or if the results are viewable. You can click on the View Report link to gain direct access to the report for that particular evaluation.
- The Date column will indicate the due date of the evaluation or the date of the when results become viewable.
Sign Up Sheet
If you are able to help with the test effort, please enter your Name and the Feature that your testing into the sheet below. An example of a Feature would be "Create Templates." Once the Test Fest starts and testing is under way please enter JIRA ticket numbers for any issues you create, the Operating System (eg, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6) and Browser (eg, Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox 10.0.2) you used to test with and any other pertinent information you have into the Notes section.
If someone has already entered their info in the functional area you are looking at that is OK, more than one set of eyes on each area is valuable. You could use a different OS, a different browser or just exercise that area in your own way.
All of the functional testing features are listed in the Google workbook named TQ 1.4 Release - Test Plan*. Each worksheet identifies a feature to test and contains one more sets of tasks as described below. Click on a feature's link to view test conditions for each step.
- Instructions - Instructions for completing the test plan and preliminary steps that are necessary to complete before testing features in the test plan.
- Create Items - Test scripts that focus on creating, modifying and removing items. These are the questions or statements which the evaluator responds to.
- Create Templates - Templates store items in a layout and are used to create evaluations. This page contains test scripts for creating and editing templates.
- Create Evaluations - Test scripts that focus on authoring assessments. The conditions will focus on creating new and updating previously creating evaluations.
Sign Up and Log Issues/Comments