SCORM and IMS Common Cartridge Standards in Sakai
As more and more diverse ways of using Sakai emerge, one need that clearly popped up is the fact that Sakai has a hard time dealing with standards. This BOF is a way for people involved with SCORM players to share practices and develop a strategy.
Mathieu Plourde, University of Delaware
Day, Time, Location
Wednesday, 2:10 to 3:00 p.m., BOF room 1 (TBD) (NEW TIME)
- Mathieu Plourde(email@example.com)
- Mark J. Norton(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kirk Alexander (email@example.com)
- Robert Gérin-Lajoie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rich Pirozzi (email@example.com)
- Jeff Kahn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chris Davia (email@example.com)
- Charles Severance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adam Hauerwas (email@example.com)
- Terry O'Heron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jason Hollins (email@example.com)
- Margaret Ricci (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SRI (email@example.com)
- Drew Podwal (will be in NY can I attend remotely? - No, sorry, will keep you in the loop)
1. Current SCORM/IMS CC Engines and Initiatives
- UC Davis
- Icodeon (rSmart)
2. Current Sakai Tools That Can/Should Integrate With Those Engines
3. Third Party Tools
- SoftChalk LessonBuilder integration with Sakai - Mark Norton
4. Ideal Workflows and Connections
- Add a grade to the Gradebook
- Keep a log of the SCORM data (user tracking)
- Respect sequencing
- Trigger conditional release with all tools
- Embed in another page
5. Use Cases
- List your use cases here.
6. Other Links and Resources
- Mathieu's Diigo List About SCORM: http://www.diigo.com/list/mathplourde/scorm
7. Some Notes
- Icodeon's business model is to accept all different version of SCORM objects, as imperfect as they might be.
- IMS Common Cartridge is a standard that includes SCORM. A platform that supports IMS CC would still need a SCORM engine to run SCORM objects.
- IMS and ADL don't always play nice with one another.
- Angel is the perfect IMS model LMS.
- UC Davis is interested in making the SCORM Player better but has its hands full with the new Gradebook right now.
- rSmart has developed the Icodeon connector for Sakai.