Portfolio layouts determine the arrangement of items on portfolio pages created by site participants. Each participant can design a portfolio by choosing a an available layout and using it to display selected items from Resources.
If you are a system administrator, be advised that any layout that you add to the PortfolioAdmin site automatically becomes available to all sites on yourSAKAI your Sakai instance.
To add a portfolio layout to the site, follow these steps:
1. Add the files for this layout to Resources.
2. Access the Portfolio Layouts tool.
3. If the Portfolio Layouts home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
4. In the Portfolio Layouts menu bar near the top of the screen, click the Add button. Sakai displays the Add Layout screen.
5. In the Display Name box, enter a meaningful name for the layout. This is the name that will display to site participants when they create portfolios. This entry is required. If desired, enter a description of this layout in the Description box.
6. Click the Select File link for the XHTML Layout File box. Sakai displays the Select Item screen.
7. Select the XHTML file you need by following the instructions for selecting an item. After you click Finish, Sakai displays the Add Layout screen again. The name of the file you selected is shown in the box.
8. To make a preview of the layout available, click the Select File link for the Preview Image box. Sakai displays the Select Item screen. Proceed as in step 7, above.
9. To add this layout to the site, click the Add Layout button. Sakai displays the Portfolio Layouts home page. The new layout is shown in the list. Or, to return to this page without adding the new layout, click Cancel.
You may change the title and description for a layout. You may also attach different files.
To change a layout, access the Portfolio Layouts tool and follow these steps:
If you have created a layout that has general applicability, you may want to make it available for use in all sites in your CLEinstance of Sakai. However, only Sakai system administrator(s) can publish a layout globally (that is, across all sites in Sakai).
If you are a system administrator, you may publish a layout globally (that is, for all sites in aSAKAI a Sakai instance). To do so, log in and follow these steps:
1. Click the Administration folder at the top of the screen.
2. Select the PortfolioAdmin Portfolio Admin site.
3. Access the Portfolio Layouts tool. Sakai displays the Portfolio Layouts home page.
4. Find the layout you want to publish and click the Publish link beneath its name. Sakai makes the layout available to all sites.
4. To save the permissions settings, click the save button Save. Sakai saves the settings and displays the Portfolio Layouts home page. Or, to return to the home page without saving your changes, click cancelCancel.