This is a scratch pad for notes relating to making branches, releases and pushing to the Sakai Maven repo.
Make a branch
- when prompted set the working copy (i.e. trunk) to 1.4-SNAPSHOT
- check the <scm> urls are ok
If by chance branching fails issue a mvn release:rollback to clean your folder.
Making a release
Always release from the branch (do not release from trunk)
- when prompted set the release version to 1.3.0.
- set the tag to profile-1.3.0
- set the branch working copy to 1.3.1-SNAPSHOT
Sometimes the release gets as far as creating the tag, updating the branch version pom and then stalls with no binaries deposited in the repo. If that happens kill the process and do this:
- download the profile-1.3.0 tag
This will release the artifacts to the Maven repository directly from the tag.
Updating SNAPSHOT artifacts
or with a site: