Ever wish you could see and explore what other institutions are doing with Sakai? Do you feel you may be using project sites in a unique way and wondering who else out there may be doing the same? The Mighty Project Site group exists for these very reasons! The mission of the Mighty Project Site group is to work towards benchmarking standards of use for project sites in Sakai through collaboration and showcasing of our institutions’ instances of Sakai.
The Mighty Project Site group originated as a result of a session at 2014’s Sakai Virtual Conference, and has been meeting monthly ever since. This collaborative and supportive group includes teaching faculty, educational technologists, and IT personnel, which spans back-end/administrator, front-end/trainer, and teacher expertise with Sakai. This range of perspectives allows us to probe a wide variety of questions regarding Sakai. Our meeting topics have included: comparing tools used in project sites, custom roles created for use within project sites, different integrations used, and a more general exploration of the Apereo 2015 conference materials available online. Though our primary focus is project sites, we regularly discuss topics relevant to teaching with Sakai, be it via course or project sites.
We typically meet once a month, on the 2nd Wednesday at 11 AM - 12 PM US Eastern Time. If you’d like to join in, or would like to request more information, please email Harold Hale.
Monthly Meeting Schedule
Currently, our monthly meetings are featuring a series of Sakai showcases, during which the presenter will highlight a variety of aspects about their instance, such as use of course vs. project sites, common tools, roles/permissions, general support challenges, site host, site creation policies, etc. We be starting a new discussion regarding standards in 2017, but all attendees will be encouraged to give a showcase presentation of their own Sakai instance.
If you want to get in our the conversation and see what other institutions are doing, then don’t miss out! Click here to access our meeting room.
The current meeting dates, and “showcasers”, are as follows:
- March 8, 2017, 11 AM – 12 PM Eastern Time – Troubleshooting Sakai
- April 12, 2017, 11AM – 12 PM Eastern Time – TBA
- May 10, 2017, 11AM – 12 PM Eastern Time – Open Apereo Conference 2017 Preview
If you would like to be a presenter, please contact Harold Hale for details.
Recordings & Documents from Past Meetings
- November 9, 2015 – Sakai Showcase: Trisha Gordon, University of Virginia
- December 14, 2015 – Sakai Showcase: Jennifer Loudiana, Walsh University
- February 8, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Harold Hale, Antioch University
- March 14, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Rebecca Taylor, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- April 11, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Adam Marshall, University of Oxford
- May 9, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Sarah Kentner, Loyola University Chicago
- June 13, 2016 – Panel Discussion: Open Apereo Conference 2016 Highlights
- July 11, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Adam Hauerwas, Providence College
- August 8, 2016 – Roles and Permissions in Your Project Sites; Harold Hale, Antioch University
- September 12, 2016 – Sakai Virtual Conference 2016 Discussion, Open Forum, Harold Hale, Antioch University
- October 10, 2016 – Preview of Sakai Presentations for the Sakai Virtual Conference
- November 9, 2016 – Sakai Virtual Conference Review & Discussion
- December 14, 2016 – Advocating for the Use of Sakai Project Sites