The mission of the Mighty Project Site group is to work towards benchmarking standards of use for project sites in Sakai through collaboration and showcasing of our institutions’ instances of Sakai.
The Mighty Project Site group was an interest group that discussed using Sakai project sites in unique ways and shared that use between institutions. But following the April 2017 meeting it was felt that the group had run its course, and the group has gone on hiatus.
You can access recordings from prior meetings below. And if you'd like to discuss a topic related to project sites at your institution, there might be interest in the Sakai Teaching & Learning Group! You can check their meeting schedule to find a time to discuss or present your topic.
The Mighty Project Site group originated as a result of a session at 2014’s Sakai Virtual Conference. This collaborative and supportive group included teaching faculty, educational technologists, and IT personnel, spanning back-end/administrator, front-end/trainer, and teacher expertise with Sakai. This range of perspectives fosters discussion on a wide variety of questions regarding Sakai. Meeting topics included: comparing tools used in project sites, custom roles created for use within project sites, different integrations used, and a more general exploration of the Apereo 2015 conference materials available online. Though the primary focus is project sites, discussion also included topics relevant to teaching with Sakai -- via course or project sites.
To request more information, please email Harold Hale.
Recordings & Documents from Past Meetings
- November 9, 2015 – Sakai Showcase: Trisha Gordon, University of Virginia
- December 14, 2015 – Sakai Showcase: Jennifer Loudiana, Walsh University
- February 8, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Harold Hale, Antioch University
- March 14, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Rebecca Taylor, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- April 11, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Adam Marshall, University of Oxford
- May 9, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Sarah Kentner, Loyola University Chicago
- June 13, 2016 – Panel Discussion: Open Apereo Conference 2016 Highlights
- July 11, 2016 – Sakai Showcase: Adam Hauerwas, Providence College
- August 8, 2016 – Roles and Permissions in Your Project Sites; Harold Hale, Antioch University
- September 12, 2016 – Sakai Virtual Conference 2016 Discussion, Open Forum, Harold Hale, Antioch University
- October 10, 2016 – Preview of Sakai Presentations for the Sakai Virtual Conference
- November 9, 2016 – Sakai Virtual Conference Review & Discussion
- December 14, 2016 – Advocating for the Use of Sakai Project Sites
- April 12, 2017 – Open Apereo 2017 Discussion