Working group created at Sakai Conference 2012 Atlanta for ideas and work on improving assignments.
<TODO: Fill in Notes from session>
Sakai 2012 Conference Meeting around Assignments & Assignments2. https://www.concentra-cms.com/cfp/program/program!digest.action?sid=1102
Atlanta Tower 1401
Previous gap analysis should be re-evaluated to determine how to decommission Assignments (people will move to Assignments2 when parity is reached) so that development efforts can be combined on Assignments2.
A couple of people in the room suggested they might be able to hire Longsight on behalf of the community to build certain features. But they don't even
Question 1 hour in: Is there an offical roadmap here? (Laughter).
Someone suggested typepad to add email addresses. Someone else remembered newbies can't find anything because we don't use same resources. Megan May, IU, suggested a hybrid. Here is the list of people showed interest during the BOF and offline.
- Coalesce support
- Communicate out to create priorities out of Differences Between Assignments & Assignments 2
- Identify resources (money, people) to close gaps.
- Define Assignments roadmap and 'finish line' when development resources will be then re-allocated towards Assignment2.
- Move community resources to Assignments2.
- Move forward en masse with development in Assigments2.
On Jun 13, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Adam Marshall wrote:
Oxford intends to be working on Assignments 2 to bring it in line with Assignments 1. We will start work in the next couple of months so we'd be VERY interested in planning this with other interested parties..