This page is to organize discussions around how files would be added to a page.
Premise: "Files" is the 3.0 equivalent of "Resources." Rather than going to a Resources tool, however, a 3.0 user should be able to upload, view, and download files directly from a Page.
-As I understand it, we are not discussing a full view of all files in a site as might be needed for moving these around, but smaller interactions involving files. These smaller insets into the page are called "vignettes." If not, we can expand.-This work is for both the full, "aggregate" view of all files a particular user has access to, as well as a "vignette" view of a particular set of files associated with a page.
Work Needed (in no particular order)
click link above for details --Teaching and Learning Group was asked to expand.
2. Get familiar with approach of existing applications
Designers are going to take screenshots from 1-2 of these applications. Please create a child page for the applications you choose.
- Blogger/Wordpress (Keli)
- Google docs
3. Review & cull Fluid Content Management Research
- Project Description / Scope (good background information): http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/pAIa
- Content Management Research Models: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/44ok
- Fluid Personas (focused within content management problem space): http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/BZc7
- Affinity Diagram pictures: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/PYwk
- Frequency Matrix (spreadsheet of use cases from affinity diagrams): See "Completed Use Case Frequency Matrix" link @ Content Management Research Models page.
4. Review & cull Fluid file management problem space work
- File Management Problem Space definition & scenarios: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/File Management Problem Space
- File Management conceptual thinking (Hattie & Daphne): http://wiki.fluidproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1707176
5. Review & cull previous Sakai work & thinking around file management
- Transitioning to file management: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/CHS/Draft - The Transition to File Management
6. Personas? (or maybe together with scenarios)
- See Fluid Content Management Personas: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Fluid Personas
7. Scenarios (expand, add detail)
Daphne/Judy brought up two types of scenarios: context scenarios (tool agnostic) and key path scenarios (exactly how user works within new design. We are talking about context scenarios
There are also scenarios from Fluid from a year and a half ago.Judy, Ashish, Daphne and Keli are expanding on these Fluid scenarios here. Community scenarios might be used to augment list, or inform detail.
- Does this overlap with the Insert function of Pages? For instance, are any inserted videos, images, audio files going to be located in the File "aggregate view" (similar to how Resources looks now)?
- Permissions: Assuming that as in 2.0 Materials, each file can be public, site only, or specific section. What if permissions of page don't correspond to permissions of File