UCM Madrid Workshop Conclusions
Conclusion 1: Which is s2u role in sakai community?
- Improve documentation.
- Recording Polimedias (short tutorials).
Using the UPV's video portal for creating short tutorials.
- Comment real cases.
Pages with detailed real use cases.
- Document use cases showing i18n problems & consequences.
To keep the community aware of the importance of i18n.
- Improve processes.
- Review JIRA Help to fix JIRAs.
- Getting involved in MT/Branch Management / QA / Release Management.
Enforcing our position in the community collaborating with work.
Conclusion 2: New features to be added
- Update TCC 2.9 release page at Confluence (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/List+of+Planned+2.9.0+Changes).
Helping the community to know about them.
- Follow the outlined process.
There is an official process for new features.
- Help with testing!
New features must be exhaustively tested as part of QA process.
Conclusion 3: (mainly i18n) Bugs management
- Language bundles
- Keep separated (=different JIRAs & Commits)
As they are not common issues.
- Maintenance updates (remove extra keys)
Cleaning the properties files of obsolete keys.
- Translation updates.
In order to improve the quality of the (spanish) translation.
} if assignees = MT -> commit without asking permission (members of MT only)
-i18n Group resurrection.
- Send a list with pending bugs.
List of i18n bugs still unresolved.
- Update i18n report page.
The page at Confluence must be updated as bugs are solved.
- Non language bundles bugs.
- if assignee = MT -> Commit without permission (members of MT only)
- else -> schedule a test plan with project/tool team.