Sakai Foundation Board of Directors Meeting
June 13, 2011
Note: Due to a busy conference schedule, Sakai staff was not available to record minutes of this meeting. The decision points which follow were the only record made of this meeting.
Board members present: Josh Baron, John Norman, Maggie Lynch, Chuck Severance, Ian Boston, Michael Feldstein
Board members absent: Nate Angell
GENERAL BOARD BUSINESS
- April Board Minutes - approved with minor edits
- SCA Application Review and Vote
- One Shared Mind/Ex Librix – more information requested prior to vote. Board members to speak to contact to express this decision. This is not an opposition, simply a desire for more information.
- Edvation - approved
- Asteros - approved
- Travel Policy
- Audit committees are established as committees of the whole Board.
- Board Schedule
- Cancel June 21 meeting, return to regular schedule in July
- Issue of rSmart Marketing Materials and role of SCAs was raised - ED to discuss. [DP] Contingency proposals should be prepared for further savings
- One off payment of $1k from members as a possibility? [DP] Cashflow projections at end of year + focus on Q1 next year should be prepared for July Board
- Three Year Membership - profile over next next year, year after, etc (modeling). [DP] Illustration of potential SCA revenue from inclusion of membership in their billing model should be prepared after consulting SCAs
- Institutional Stakeholders - currently lacking articulated voice.
- Suggest repeat institutional survey undertaken a few years ago to assess institutional priorities
- Use of CRM to support brokerage/match-making
- Security processes - review?
- Managing expectations and predictability an objective in establishing TCC
- Messaging around longevity of CLE, continuity - clear message need to be generated and transmitted
- How TCC communicate to institutional stakeholders?
- Security - handled by a larger group of people who are not working on it. How to resolve this?
- Ian D to request Anthony W assesses and reports security issues outstanding
- MoU coming up - Project Management Process
- Wants to deprecate CLE investment asap in order to speed OAE development
- Earliest identified transition - Fall 2014
- Deal through CIOs to generate further investment. Suggest supportive CIOs are best to undertake this approach
- Articulated vision statement needed for OAE + CLE
- Need to "Crystallize the vision in a way that speaks to institutional imperatives
- Main meeting/Regional meetings would be the pattern for the foreseeable future
- [DP] 2013 main conference should be outside North America
- Report noted
Decision points recorded by: Ian Dolphin, Executive Director