Child pages
  • Board Minutes 2011 June 13
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Sakai Foundation Board of Directors Meeting

June 13, 2011

Note:  Due to a busy conference schedule, Sakai staff was not available to record minutes of this meeting.  The decision points which follow were the only record made of this meeting.

Board members present: Josh Baron, John Norman, Maggie Lynch, Chuck Severance, Ian Boston, Michael Feldstein

Board members absent:  Nate Angell

GENERAL BOARD BUSINESS

  • April Board Minutes - approved with minor edits
  • SCA Application Review and Vote
    • One Shared Mind/Ex Librix – more information requested prior to vote. Board members to speak to contact to express this decision. This is not an opposition, simply a desire for more information.
    • Edvation - approved
    • Asteros - approved
  • Travel Policy
    • Approved
  • Remuneration
    • Audit committees are established as committees of the whole Board.
  • Board Schedule
    • Cancel June 21 meeting, return to regular schedule in July

 FINANCIAL REVIEW

  • Issue of rSmart Marketing Materials and role of SCAs was raised - ED to discuss.  [DP] Contingency proposals should be prepared for further savings
  • One off payment of $1k from members as a possibility?  [DP] Cashflow projections at end of year + focus on Q1 next year should be prepared for July Board
  • Three Year Membership - profile over next next year, year after, etc (modeling).  [DP] Illustration of potential SCA revenue from inclusion of membership in their billing model should be prepared after consulting SCAs

'CLE GOVERNANCE"

  • Institutional Stakeholders - currently lacking articulated voice.
  • Suggest repeat institutional survey undertaken a few years ago to assess institutional priorities
  • Use of CRM to support brokerage/match-making
  • Security processes - review?

TCC

  • Managing expectations and predictability an objective in establishing TCC
  • Messaging around longevity of CLE, continuity - clear message need to be generated and transmitted
  • How TCC communicate to institutional stakeholders?
  • Security - handled by a larger group of people who are not working on it. How to resolve this?
  • Ian D to request Anthony W  assesses and reports security issues outstanding

Barry W

  • MoU coming up - Project Management Process
  • Wants to deprecate CLE investment asap in order to speed OAE development
  • Earliest identified transition - Fall 2014
  • Deal through CIOs to generate further investment. Suggest supportive CIOs are best to undertake this approach
  • Articulated vision statement needed for OAE + CLE

OAE SG

  • Need to "Crystallize the vision in a way that speaks to institutional imperatives

REGIONAL

  • Main meeting/Regional meetings would be the pattern for the foreseeable future
  • [DP] 2013 main conference should be outside North America

JASIG MERGER

  • Report noted

Decision points recorded by:  Ian Dolphin, Executive Director

  • No labels