2.4 Release Notes
New Features in 2.4
- Added email functionality to allow instructors to email individual students from 'Scores' screens. - SAK-7094Getting issue details... STATUS
- Allow instructors to give individual students permission to re-take an assessment. - SAK-7093Getting issue details... STATUS
- A disable/enable toggle of all FCK Editors in Authoring screen. - SAK-5904Getting issue details... STATUS
- Random questions and multiple attempts: added flavor of randomization selection for random parts. - SAK-7696Getting issue details... STATUS
- Allow Samigo contents to be imported from other Sakai Sites using the Site Info tool's 'Import From Site' link. - SAK-7378Getting issue details... STATUS
- Allow instructors to change feedback settings for after assessments are published. - SAK-3943Getting issue details... STATUS
- Change the 'copy' function in question pool to be a deep copy, rather than a link. - SAK-3526Getting issue details... STATUS
- Implemented IMS content packaging to allow import/export of assessments with attachments - SAK-5419Getting issue details... STATUS
- Allow importing of Samigo assessments to Question Pool. - SAK-6993Getting issue details... STATUS
- Importing simple text formatted assessments to Samigo using Word-2-QTI converter. - SAK-8642Getting issue details... STATUS
- i18n Internationalization/localization support implemented. - SAK-8643Getting issue details... STATUS
Bugs and Tasks resolved in 2.4
140 JIRA bugs/tasks were resolved in 2.4.
Click to see Bugs/Tasks resolved in 2.4
Bug fixes made after 2.4.0
Click to see Bug fixes in 2.4.x
Known issues in 2.4
Click to see Samigo Known Issues
New settings added in 2.4:
For File Upload and Audio Recording questions in Samigo, answers are saved to DB as a blob by default. If you want to save answers to files, you can override this default by adding the following in your sakai.properties file.
Please make sure that Sakai has write privilege to the directory specified in samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath.
When saveToDB is true, SAM_MEDIA_T.MEDIA must be a blob or equivalent to work. If you're running Oracle and using auto.ddl to create tables, you should check the data type of the "MEDIA" column in the SAM_MEDIA_T table. Hibernate tries to choose the right data type for this field, but has a habit of choosing the wrong one for Oracle. The correct types for each database are:
- HSQLDB --> varbinary
- Oracle --> blob
- MySQL --> longblob
Audio recording questions (since 2.2):
Audio recording questions are turned on by default. You can turn it off by modifying sam/samigo-app/src/webapp/WEB-INF/faceconfig.xml, and changing the showAudio to false.
Audio recording uses the same storage configuration as File Upload questions, so they can be configured to be stored either in DB or files.
Audio recording questions uses an Audio Recording Applet (Based on Sun's Java Sound API) to record. Because the default JRE installation doesn't allow Java to record audio from your computer's sound card, you have to do one of the following:
1. Modify your java.policy file and add the following permissions:
2. Obtain a digital certificate and use it to sign the applet.
3. There is also a 3rd way, which is to sign the applet during maven build/deploy. We do this for our production deployment. Just add this postGoal in your sakai/sam/samigo-audio/maven.xml file, and the jar will be signed and deployed.
Temporary file location for QTI Assessment Import
Currently, by default QTI Assessment Import also uses the com.corejsf.UploadFilter.repositoryPath parameter in web.xml as the location to store a temporary file. These temporary files are removed after the import is completed. com.corejsf.UploadFilter.repositoryPath is set to /tmp by default. This again can be overridden in sakai.properties the same way as in File Upload/Audio recording questions. Please make sure that Sakai has write privilege to this directory.
Conversion from 2.3.x to 2.4
If you are upgrading from Samigo 2.2.x to 2.3, after you finish running the conversion script, please be sure to turn off autoddl by setting autoddl=false in your sakai.properties file. There is a known issue with autoddl=true which causes duplicate indexes to be created.