These are all possible changes for 2.0. I've listed them by component in assigned and unassigned categories. The stars are implementation difficulty estimates (easy , medium, hard) from Rachel for tasks not on her submitted project plan. I'm assuming/hoping that everything could be included under "Marc's UI requests (2w for minimum set – Qingru)" category?
items were things that showed to be very problematic in usability testing
items still need discussion and validity decided upon in a Marc/Rachel/Charles meeting.
- XHTML/CSS Style Guide hi-fi wireframes code conformity on all pages (Huong)
- Paging implementation (2w – Qingru)
- Audio everywhere (2w – Lydia)
- File upload everywhere (2w – Daisy)
- Refactor code (1w – Daisy)
- Fix bugs (2w – Qingru)
- Integrate Samigo with Sakai 2.0 services (2w – Daisy)
- Gradebook integration (2w – Daisy)
- Web services work (4w – Lydia, but due later)
- consistent date format everywhere, including calendar picker and lists (conform to latest style guide) (Qingru)
- WYSIWYG hide/show toggle (needed esp. in grading and question editing)
- consistent validation using style guide messages
- Random draw from question pool (2w – Lydia)
- Add audio question type (4w – Lydia)
- Finish file upload question type (1w – Daisy)
- change question type label from "Import from Question Pool" to "Copy from Question Pool" (Qingru)
- change question type label from "Multiple Choice Survey" to "Survey"
- change "Modify" link to "Edit" on My Questions
- change Assign to Part pulldown to: Part 1 * <title>, Part 2 * <title>, Part 3 * <title> (no title no "* ") (Qingru)
- put in synonyms and wildcards for FIB (Qingru)
- assessment preview (possible strategy: a student view that is essentially delivery code)
- display sample matching randomization in My Questions? If so, should match delivery
- mockups and implementation of import/export QTI 1.2 and 2.0 UI
- improve display of matching pulldowns on My Questions
- put in Insert New Question pull-down just below new Parts on My Questions
- partial credit for MC multiple correct, FIB and matching.
- have option to set specific order in matching vs. just randomization?
- "Released To:" section picker (course manage aware)
- rename "authenticated" to "all users"
- approval system to allow assessments published from other sites into your site
- turn on selection level feedback by default
- change the "Save and Exit" button for anonymous users to "Quit" (Daisy)
- put in default part stuff (authoring too):
If there is only one part and its name is "Default" then in delivery, the blue header bars for this part should not be visible on the TOC (just all questions, no toggle) or on the questions page.
"Default" should be the default name for the first part in a newly created assessment. If other parts are created and the first part's name is "Default", it should be changed to null and all subsequent parts default to null.
If the first part is not named "Default" or there are more than one parts, then show the blue header bars.
- TOC link to a question that is further down in a part or assessment on one page should be an anchor link.
- clarify submitted assessments list; are we assuming the question text will always be available? if so, then is it really important to be able to just see the questions and no feedback separate from "Feedback" link
- different model for immediate feedback?: when they click save&continue rather than separate
- will all assessments have a TOC for reviewing (need to show grader comments)?
- search interface
- user admin interface
- Add missing grading screen (2w – Qingru)
- pop-up of rubric (esp. short answer) (Qingru)
- include model short answer for short answer/essay (Marith suggestion)
- improve the way stats for question types are shown
- Marith's suggestion for matching)
- histogram for just correct/incorrect for MC