Based on scenario 2, this would be a fast way to answer the most common needs in terms of entity linking.
1. Pick One of the Most Common Objects
We need to come up with the most frequent behaviors the users are doing and list them here.
2. Select an Object from the List
By selecting a particular type of object, this interface would point directly to the appropriate subfolder of entities.
3. Drop the Object as a Link
When added, the object would always be a simple URL associated with an icon and a particular CSS style to indicate the distinction with a simple URL.
4. Hover Over an Object Link to Get Access to Options
Hovering the object would give access to the Display Option button to access the advanced options wizard.
5. Give Access to Advanced Options
The Advanced Options menu would give the user control on how to "widgetize" the object.