Building Sakai (a.k.a. sakai-dev)
The Building Sakai area is oriented towards the needs of designers, programmers, developers, and quality assurance members of the Sakai community. It encompasses a broad range of topics, including documenting, designing, developing, testing, and releasing Sakai.
In addition to this area in Confluence, there is also an email list for discussing topics and asking questions related to building Sakai: email@example.com (join sakai-dev list.) This is a very active list, with several or more messages a day (sakai-dev list archive).
- Development Infrastructure (and how to get access or report problems )
Related Working Groups
- Internationalization and Localization
- Release Management (Core team)
Development Tips / Guidelines:
- Best Practices for High Quality Code - offers tips on ensuring you are writing high quality code for Sakai (and Java in general)
- Programming Best Practices - Best practices for writing code in Sakai
- Release Practice Guidelines - How Sakai releases are assembled and maintained
- Sakai Developer Practices - describes trunk/branch/patch management, developer etiquette and the mechanics of technical decision-making
Add your own pages down here:
- your page!