Participants: Jim Eng, Noah B., Steve Smail, Mathieu Plourde, Michael K., Kirk Alexander, Beth K., Peter Knoop, Claude, Erica
0. Opening Discussions
- Kirk: Licensing issues (to be discussed with Micheal at another time).
1. Announcements on Content Authoring
- Michael: The Sakai Foundation has directed the interest of Nathan Pearson on Content Authoring, with Cambridge.
- Participants are invited to give feedback as fast as possible.
- Cambridge will have a prototype in the early part of next year.
- NYU: Contracting through Unicon to make the content authoring tool fit their specific needs.
- NYU will give back programmer time to make tools "entitification compliant" in exchange.
- Anthony White is working on "entitification compliance" development documentation.
- Kirk: Making Sakai a research portal is a priority. Unstructured authoring is key to them.
- Michael is about to send a document about the vision of Sakai 3 to the whole community. Feedback is critical.
- Used Nico's prototype to build a site.
- People are encouraged to create an account at the Cambridge http://3akai.sakaiproject.org site.
- We need to turn this work into a Jira section.
- We hope that the 3akai Cambridge work will be 2.7 compatible.
- Peter sent an email to the lists about Content Authoring. Deadline Dec. 19.
3. Next Meeting
- Friday, January 9, 2009. 11 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time.