Participants: Steve, Noah, Peter, Mathieu, Jim, Nico, John, Michael
1. Entityfication of Sakai Services
- Noah: Options may differ depending on the context.
- There has to be some sort of communication between the page and the entity.
- We need to post a list of those contexts and entities.
- Has to be negotiable for every institution.
- Has to stay simple enough for users.
- John: Who is going to attack the current un-entitificated tools?
- Peter: We need to work on a business case: What will an institution will gain from doing this?
- Noah: Will have time at the beginning of the year. Estimate: 1 week.
- John: We need to get more adoption of the concept from the community. About 5-20% understands it.
- Noah: 2 or 3 pages of general info, then dig into the technical part.
- How different or similar tools are in terms of entityfication process/potential.
- We don't have a list of pitfalls, practices, tips, guidelines, etc.
- John: We need a 1-2 minute video to grab the imagination of the community.
- Noah: Why would I even care? document. Needs to be Sakai contextualized.
- Michael: Noah, Aaron, and Josh are the key players here. Peter and Noah will get something started.
2. Test Environment (AKA Toy App)
- Jim has done some work, not ready to announce yet.
- This environment is meant to test entities.
- RSF tool that uses the Entity Broker.
- Debugging/Exploration tool, UX is not an issue here.
- Need to gather user needs beforehand.
3. Misc. Discussions
- Michael talked to Barbra Mack at EDUCAUSE. NYU has some money and a team to move the project forward, not official yet.
- April would be their target.
- Noah: NYU seems to be into the portal aspect.
- Michael sat down with Robert Gérin-Lajoie UdeM (Open Syllabus): Agrees that they could implement OSYL with our discussed technology.
- GWT mentality in OSYL: Not sure how that would fit in.
- UX has to be consistent in Sakai. Adoption of a tool depends on it.
4. Next Call
- Michael suggests another one next week.
- Noah: Lots of people will be off...
- In two weeks, as planned.
- Updates on the NYU project coming next week from Michael.