Participants: Nico, Jim, Mathieu, Beth, Michael, Peter, Noah, John Norman, Sacha, Claude
1. Overview of the Model
Michael's document to be discussed:
- Simple page levels
- Pages views
- Navigation capability? Important to Noah.
- Building a page building capability should be our main focus for now. Tools would be in charge of linking them together.
- Have a "Add a Child Page" button? Pretty common behavior.
- Jim: Page-Level Authoring versus WYSIWYG capability?
- Collaborative authoring by authoring sections or paragraphs, to avoid user overlap.
- We need to define the project priorities in a more formal way.
- John Norman: CARET is not going to stop working on the page organization level.
- Much clearer for us to work on the page authoring level, working on organization should not be a blocker for the first part.
- Jim: It's easier to display external content than a year ago.
- Noah: We need to expose a core capability in a toy app as a proof of concept.
- Jim: We need to understand the business rules of each tool to build intelligent widgets.
- Jim will post links to some info on what he's working on.
- Noah: We don't know what we are talking about, so allocating resources might be premature.
- JN: Our focus should still be on use cases. Create a course site, a portfolio, etc.
- Noah posted a model of where the portfolios should be. Needs more work.
- JN: Is anybody working on the entitification process? No answer...
- Michael: We need to work on views, roles.
- Tool people need to validate Michael's view (in his doc).
- JN: We could use Josh Ryan's "Simple Page", or an even simpler toy app. We need to define our test environment.
- Use Nico's app as a toy app? Could be done.
- Jim: Entitification is the first step.
- Claude: UdeM and CRIM want to work on the page organization model, especially interested in Portfolios.
- Beth: More focused meeting should be held when people can actually work on what is discussed.
- Michael: An institution has expressed interest to be the lead developer of this project.