Child pages
  • 1-16-2009 Content Authoring Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

< Previous Conference Call

Next Conference Call (TBD) >

Calls are held at 11 a.m. Eastern US Standard Time.

Connection information for Sakai001 conference bridge:

  • IP Address: 156.56.240.9
  • Telephone: 812-856-7060
  • Conference Code: 348
  • PIN: 72524

Participants: Peter, Steve Smail, Nathan, Mathieu, Anthony, Clay, Noah, Jim, Josh, Claude

Agenda

Mathieu: I will take the minutes, but I would need other people to revise. I'm not technical enough to follow everything.

"Entifying" Sakai: Next steps for the list of tools needing RESTful access

  • Anthony will review his developer how-to on entification
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d7s4gpm_16c6hz57ck&pageview=1&hgd=1&hl=en
    • Article targeted to developers
    • Anthony needs your feedback. Spread the word to your developers.
    • Sakai 3 artifact will be released in the next couple of days. Based off Nico's work.
    • Case: How to for the Poll tool.
    • Clay: Is there a ballpark estimate of the effort needed from developers?
    • Will ask Aaron and Zack how much time they have spend.
    • Developing a widget is a different type of work. Less effort needed, more client-side technologies. Needs some adjustment.
    • More access to different type of developers, beyond Java experts. Has to be kept in mind when building your team.
    • We should produce another document for the managerial side.
    • Jim: Old tools will be harder to entitificate than new tools.
    • Josh: Need to get info on the frustrations, train of thoughts, of developers and users of the system.
    • RSF tools lend themselves more easily to the process.
  • Volunteers to work on the RESTful side for existing tools
  • Volunteers to work on the widget (or other consumer) side

Update from Nathan on authoring UX work

  • Daily working session with the UX group. Very informal.
  • Started at the higher level ideas, drilled down to sites, and now pages.
  • Need for a new vocabulary to describe entities.
    • Vignettes: entity in a page Edit mode.
    • Widget: type of technology.
    • Aggregated view. Example: forum discussion.
      • Vignette view of a Calendar, would also need a more complete calendaring tool.
    • Templates: What should be included?
    • Start from a blank page, or not? Should a vignette be a type of template only?
  • Screens available on Confluence.
  • Concerns over communicating at this stage. Rough sketches.
  • Skype (npearson99) for VoIP + Adobe Connect.
  • Connection details will be sent to this group.
  • Central control panel versus distributed.
  • Developing patterns that might get replicated in other parts of Sakai.

What else?

  • Claude ask if REST training could be offered through this community?
    • Webinars
      • Step by step analysis of the entification of the poll tool
    • Documents (like Anthony's)
    • Workshop at the JA-SIG conference (8 hours)
    • July conference: Developer Boot Camp on 3akai
  • Claude could explain their approach with GWT at the July conference.
  • Jim: UIs need more work.
  • Noah: OSP still at the use case level.
  • Peter's CD drive is annoying (wink)

Original List: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41222545

Tools

Entities

Assignee/Volunteer

Announcements

Announcements

 

Schedule

Calendar Item

 

Schedule

Calendar Period

 

Samigo (Tests and Quizzes)

Test, Quiz

 

Assignments

Assignment

 

Assignments

Submission

 

Resources

Any resource or listing of resources in a folder

 

Chat

Chat room

 

Forums

Forum, Topic, Thread

 

Gradebook

Gradebook item

 

Gradebook

My Grade

 

ePortfolio (OSP)

Portfolio Form

 

Post'Em

Post'Em item

 

Messages

Mailbox

 

Syllabus

Syllabus section

 

Blogger

Blog post

 

Podcasts

Podcast

 

Polls

Poll

Aaron, Nico (CARET)

RWiki

Wiki page

 

Search

Search result

 

Citation

One or more citations

Jim Eng

Citation

Individual citiation

Jim Eng

Comments

 

 

BlogWow!

Blog post

Stewart (GT)

???