Sakai 10.1 Pre-release is to verify issues on trunk that should be included in Sakai 10.1
Sakai 10 Test Fest
Sakai 10.1 - Pre-release
Target for 10.1-rc01 (first release candidate) is July 25, 2014. Issues must please be verified by a day or two before to allow time to merge issues into the Sakai 10 branch.
QA Servers - Use trunk to verify issues (or a local version of trunk, if you are familiar how to do this. local version has the advantage that you can control the properties file).
- Test Fest Google doc - not applicable. We are not doing regression testing. We are verifying fixes on trunk so that they can be merged into 10.1 .
- Testing status - to change the status of a JIRA to verified, you click a "Tested" button. The "Tested" button only appears on Resolved/Fixed Jiras and if you have permissions. For me details, email the firstname.lastname@example.org .
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact email@example.com
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
Sakai 10.1 Pre-release Test Plan
Verify as many fixes as you can. Make comments directly on the Jiras. The filter for fixes that need testing to be merged into Sakai 10 from trunk are (Link to Jira issues):
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.x on server - Sakai nightly 2.9.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.