2.9 Test Fest
CLE 2.9.3-rc03 - Release candidate 03. New Jiras added in RC03 :
COMPLETE TESTING BY - Monday, August 12, 2013 by end of day, your time zone.
QA Servers - currently http://qa29.longsight.com is on RC03 . Please check - QA Servers - Sakai 2.9 for the latest status.
Test Fest Google doc - Test sign up and details
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact email@example.com
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- QA Servers - Sakai 2.9 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Conditions and Scripts - See the Test Fest instructions at http://bit.ly/rc02testfest . We are converting scripts to Google docs.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
2.9.3 Test Plan
The focus is on testing blocker and critical Jiras which have been merged (incorporated) into CLE 2.9.3 , plus regression tests to ensure nothing else has broken.
Some of the key Jiras to test are:
We also could use regression testing on WebDav, Gradebook, Samigo and Lessons, and perhaps a couple of other tools.
Notes: For WebDav some changes were reverted (undone), the basic WebDav Quick Test (formerly known as Shallow Regression Test), should be sufficient. Our new security infrastructure: AntiSamy, is now on high setting by default.
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai CLE 2.9.3-rc02, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.2 on server - sakai-qa29.blackboard.com/portal . This will help determine if it is a regression (a new bug introduced since 2.9.2)