Sakai 10 qa1 Testing corresponds to the first round of QA testing for Sakai 10
Sakai 10 Test Fest
Sakai 10 - QA07
QA07 testing is now active.
The job of QA testers is to break Sakai. We want to find as many bugs as possible so that they can get fixed before a community release.
QA07 server - Longsight QA server and Indiana QA server
- Nightly trunk server - for verifying Jiras so that they can be merged into the Sakai 10 branch. Please note: the nightly server is refreshed every 4 hours starting at midnight Eastern daylight time, and all data will be lost. Please time your testing accordingly.
- How to use Google docs for testing (generally)
- How to do deep regression testing (as opposed to do-it-yourself, check list or JIRA testing, which may be more self explanatory)
- Test Fest Google doc - Start testing
- - SAK-26229Getting issue details... STATUS - link new bugs you find to this issue.
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact email@example.com .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
Sakai 10-qa07 Test Plan
Main focus is to try and break Sakai. http://bit.ly/1mNk4RP
On the Google doc for QA07 testing , you can sign up and do everything you can to break Sakai 10. Testing should be on one of the QA07 servers. The Google doc includes a Test scripts page, in case it will be helpful to you to use an existing Test script to do your testing (in this case the word "script" means a series of steps for you to do, not an automated software program).
Secondary focus is ongoing testing to verify fixed Jiras.
Please test on the Sakai nightly trunk server. The process is that bug fixes are applied to the nightly trunk server, QA testers verify the fixes, and then the fix gets incorporated into the Sakai 10 branch (but will not show up on the QA07 server since this release is "frozen". Instead it will show up in a later Sakai 10 release, probably RC01).
JIRA filter for "Need Testing to Merge" - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25884?filter=14328
Google Doc - Test Fest Google doc
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.x on server - Sakai nightly 2.9.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.