Sakai 10 qa1 Testing corresponds to the first round of QA testing for Sakai 10
Sakai 10 Test Fest
Sakai 10 - QA06
QA06 testing is now active.
The job of QA testers is to break Sakai. We want to find as many bugs as possible so that they can get fixed before a community release.
QA06 server - Longsight QA server and Indiana QA Server
- Nightly trunk server - for verifying Jiras so that they can be merged into the Sakai 10 branch. Please note: the nightly server is refreshed every 4 hours starting at midnight Eastern daylight time, and all data will be lost. Please time your testing accordingly.
- How to use Google docs for testing (generally)
- How to do deep regression testing (as opposed to do-it-yourself, check list or JIRA testing, which may be more self explanatory)
- Test Fest Google doc - Start testing
- - SAK-26122Getting issue details... STATUS - add new bugs you find to this issue.
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact email@example.com .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
Sakai 10-qa06 Test Plan
Main focus is to verify fixed Jiras.
Tabs on the Google doc:
Need Testing to Merge - bugs fixed and we need them verified before we merge them in to the Sakai 10 branch. Verify Jiras on trunk.sakaiqa.org
Blockers merged need testing - these are blocker bugs that were fixed before we cut the Sakai 10 branch, so they never had been verified. Preferably verify Jiras on Longsight QA server and Indiana QA Server or optionally trunk.sakaiqa.org (should be okay in most cases).
JIRA filter for "Need Testing to Merge" - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25884?filter=14328
Google Doc - Test Fest Google doc
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.x on server - Sakai nightly 2.9.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.