Sakai 10 qa1 Testing corresponds to the first round of QA testing for Sakai 10
Sakai 10 Test Fest
Sakai 10 - QA05
QA05 testing is now active. We are targeting one or two QA releases away from our first release candidate. We are releasing a QA about every 2 weeks.
The job of QA testers is to break Sakai. We want to find as many bugs as possible so that they can get fixed before a community release.
QA05 server - Longsight QA server and Indiana QA Server
- Nightly trunk server - for verifying Jiras so that they can be merged into the Sakai 10 branch. Please note: the nightly server is refreshed every 4 hours starting at midnight Eastern daylight time, and all data will be lost. Please time your testing accordingly.
- How to use Google docs for testing (generally)
- How to do deep regression testing (as opposed to do-it-yourself, check list or JIRA testing, which may be more self explanatory)
- Test Fest Google doc - Start testing
- - SAK-25936Getting issue details... STATUS - add new bugs you find to this issue.
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact email@example.com .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
Sakai 10-qa05 Test Plan
- Verify fixed Jiras so they can be merged into the Sakai 10 branch!
- Try and break Sakai! Make sure you report back your efforts to the Sakai coordinator, and open Jiras to reflect any bugs you think you may have found.
- Consult with the Sakai coordinator about priorities - firstname.lastname@example.org (aka Neal).
Adopt-a-tool - If you have limited time to test, or if a particular tool is of high value to your institution, you might consider our Adopt-a-tool approach. Adopt a tool and test it on the QA server as thoroughly as you can. If the tool works with other tools, I recommend you also test those integrations (esp. the gradebook integrations).
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.x on server - Sakai nightly 2.9.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.