- Hi, welcome to QA Maven. This section is for Sakai QA testers who have the time and energy to delve more deeply into Sakai QA testing. If you are new to Sakai QA testing, you might want to start with our EZ QA effort and graduate up to be a QA (karate) kid .
- QA Maven testing involves functional testing of tools, trying actively to find bugs. It also involves reporting bugs in JIRA and reporting which aspects of testing you completed, and what remains to be done (for coordinator role). This is especially important in more complex tools like Samigo Test & Quiz tool, Assignments, Gradebook , and Lessons, and not as important in simpler tools like Polls, New (RSS) and Email Archive tools.
Where to get help?
Email sakaicoordinator at apereo.org . There are preferred options than emailing the Sakai Coordinator directly (see below), but since some people are more comfortable starting the conversation with a single person and going from there, this is a good starting point.
Regression Scripts (step-by-step testing)
Tips for testing
- Mostly on the Sakai 12 QA test server to for Release testing.
- Sometimes on a Sakai 11 QA test server to compare the behavior
- Sometimes on a Sakai trunk/master server to see if something has been fixed and not yet backported to the 12 branch.
- Please also test on multiple browsers and mobile devices like iPhone, Android, or iPad.
What to test - sign up sheet with instructions
How to create a JIRA (short video)
How to earn points for Badges (form to fill out)
Additional Community and Support
- Sakai QA list - to subscribe send an email to sakai-qa+subscribe at apereo.org
- Sakai QA Slack Channel - to subscribe find your institutional domain (click here) or email sakaicoordinator at apereo.org