Sakai 10 Test Fest
The job of QA testers is to break Sakai. We want to find as many bugs as possible so that they can get fixed before a community release. RC01 is the first release candidate for Sakai 10.2. This means we are almost ready to release 10.2 and only "blocker" bugs will get attention.
RC01 server - Longsight QA server
- Google doc - for signing up for testing and verifying Jiras **
- Contact email@example.com for a copy of the Smoke Test.
** Jiras have been verified on trunk, but need to be verified again in the context of the 10.2 release.
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact email@example.com .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 10.x on server - Sakai nightly 10.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.