This page is aimed at those who are investigating migrating to Sakai. You will find information and tools to help you move your content into Sakai as well as case-studies from institutions that have performed migrations to Sakai and shared their experiences.
Various tools and utilities have been developed to migrate courses and content from other LMS/VRE/format's to Sakai. Choose your vendor below:
Who's done migrations? What worked? What didn't?
Migrating from WebCT
- WebCT to Sakai Migration BOF
- WebCT Migration - University of Cape Town
- Unicon Assists Georgia Tech Switch to Sakai from WebCT
- WEBCT Gap Analysis - Rutgers
- University of Wyoming: See our conference presentation, Early Experiences, for analysis of export and import options with particular attention to exam questions.
Institutions planning/completed migrations
View the list of institutions that are planning or have completed migrations to Sakai. Feel free to add your institution to the list.
The following is a collection of information which may assist you in your migration and content import needs:
The Sakai Import API
Sharing and Reusing Content (SCORM, IMS and other formats)