This page is for Sakai issues arising from technical or architecture design decisions that impact negatively on scaleability or performance.
Mostly resolved in 2.5, though still shows slow performance for:
- very large topics (say 500+ messages)
- synoptic tool in my workspace
- sites with a large number of groups - SAK-11798Getting issue details... STATUS
- Scalability issues sending messages in sites with large membership - SAK-14626Getting issue details... STATUS , - SAK-14392Getting issue details... STATUS
(resolved in 2.5)
Resources / Content Hosting
(improved in 2.5)
(mostly resolved in 2.5?)
(resolved in 2-5-x)
Tools / services which affect app server stability and performance
JSF "stuck threads" issue:
Table and index structure
Slow DB queries
Volume of database queries
- - SAK-9862Getting issue details... STATUS : Excessive db queries generated from permissions updates in sites with provided users.
- - SAK-10859Getting issue details... STATUS : Reduce number of CM queries required when user logs in (hibernate impl)
- - SAK-8932Getting issue details... STATUS : Chat "stuck threads"
- - SAK-11636Getting issue details... STATUS : HTTP Basic operations create a login event for each request and refreshes authzgroups
- - SAK-9860Getting issue details... STATUS : Excessive db queries generated from Site Info / user service. Site Info generates 5 db queries for every site member (1 to SAKAI_USER and 4 to SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP).
- - SAK-9887Getting issue details... STATUS : Excessive db queries for dropbox on site update actions
- - SAK-10021Getting issue details... STATUS : Dropbox Performance Problems
- - SAK-8780Getting issue details... STATUS : The table structure of SAKAI_SESSION forces the db (at least mysql) to do a full table scan to find out which sessions are currently open.
- - SAK-5943Getting issue details... STATUS , - SAK-11544Getting issue details... STATUS : Performance degrades with a large number of messages
- - SAK-13021Getting issue details... STATUS : Section Info: Overview page generates too many queries leading to performance issues
- - SAK-13312Getting issue details... STATUS : Improve Group performance