This page is for Sakai issues arising from technical or architecture design decisions that impact negatively on scaleability or performance.
Mostly resolved in 2.5, though still shows slow performance for:
- very large topics (say 500+ messages)
- synoptic tool in my workspace
- sites with a large number of groups SAK-11798 - Evaluate Forums Performance from a "site with a large number of groups" perspective ( Closed)
- Scalability issues sending messages in sites with large membership SAK-14626 - Serious scalability issue with Messages tool ( Closed) , SAK-14392 - When sending by email messages should use bulk sending ( Closed)
(resolved in 2.5)
Resources / Content Hosting
(improved in 2.5)
(mostly resolved in 2.5?)
(resolved in 2-5-x)
Tools / services which affect app server stability and performance
JSF "stuck threads" issue:
- Tests and Quizzes: SAK-11098 - Stuck threads use excessive CPU ( Resolved)
Table and index structure
Slow DB queries
- KNL-1068 - Queries for permission checks are slow in large sites ( Closed) : Permissions checks slow in sites with large membership
Volume of database queries
- SAK-9862 - Excessive db queries from permissions change in sites with provided users ( Awaiting Review) : Excessive db queries generated from permissions updates in sites with provided users.
- SAK-10859 - Reduce number of CM queries required when user logs in (hibernate impl) ( Closed) : Reduce number of CM queries required when user logs in (hibernate impl)
- SAK-8932 - Runaway CPU use on app server ( Closed) : Chat "stuck threads"
- SAK-11636 - HTTP Basic operations create a login event for each request and refreshes authzgroups. ( Closed) : HTTP Basic operations create a login event for each request and refreshes authzgroups
- SAK-9860 - Excessive db queries generated from Site Info / user service ( Closed) : Excessive db queries generated from Site Info / user service. Site Info generates 5 db queries for every site member (1 to SAKAI_USER and 4 to SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP).
- SAK-9887 - Excessive db queries for dropbox on site update actions ( Closed) : Excessive db queries for dropbox on site update actions
- SAK-10021 - DropBox Performance Problems ( Closed) : Dropbox Performance Problems
- SAK-8780 - Poor performance finding open sessions on MySQL and Oracle ( Closed) : The table structure of SAKAI_SESSION forces the db (at least mysql) to do a full table scan to find out which sessions are currently open.
- SAK-5943 - Email archive viewing performance degrades with number of messages ( Closed) , SAK-11544 - Improve performance of existing Mail Archive Tool ( Closed) : Performance degrades with a large number of messages
- SAK-13021 - Overview page generates too many queries leading to performance issues ( Closed) : Section Info: Overview page generates too many queries leading to performance issues
- SAK-13312 - Improve Group performance -- especially Site.getGroupsWithMember() method ( Closed) : Improve Group performance