Lead(s): Linda M Place
Description:The Performance Working Group is a team of interested organizations working collaboratively to improve Sakai framework and tool scalability, reliability, and performance times. Shared design, resources, results, and discussions of this working group will supplement the functionality testing of the QA Working Group.
Please feel free to add resources to this shared space.
Scalability and Performance issues to watch
Add issues to this page that are related to scalability and performance:
Community Performance Testing Effort
Performance Test Results
- University of Michigan performance test results for a subset of Sakai 2.5 tools.
- University of Michigan performance test results for the sak-13274 patch of the chat2 tool.
- Stanford University, University of Michigan, and UNICON collaborated on early performance testing of Tests and Quizzes.
- John Wiley and Sons and Unicon collaborated on performance testing of a Cafe distribution of Sakai 2.5.x.
- SiteStats performance test setup, scripts and results for SiteStats (from Nuno Fernandes and Chris Kretler).
Alternative Performance Testing Shared Resources
While the Performance Working Group encourages the use of The Grinder for the community testing effort, some campuses may wish to use jMeter. Please share your scripts with others here.
Performance Working Group Plans
- Sakai Community Performance Testing Plan
- A movement to design and implement a Sakai Community performance testing strategy. Contributions to this plan are strongly encouraged and welcomed.
Presentations and BOFs
- 9th Conference - Paris 2008
- 8th Conference - Newport Beach 2007
- 7th Conference - Amsterdam 2007
- 6th Conference - Atlanta 2006
- 5th Conference - Vancouver 2006
- No presentations or BOF
- 4th Conference - Austin 2005