Child pages
  • SakaiDL call 08-05-2010
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting Time:

Thursday, August 5th at 5:00PM EDT/ Friday, 6th at 7:00AM Australia

Call in Information:

Name: Sakai003 - Ad-hoc
Telephone: +1-812-856-7060
Internet:156.56.240.9
Conference Code: 22386#
PIN: 72524#

EtherPad: http://ietherpad.com/zJsz80t6ai (please sign-in)

And don't forget to add your name here : http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Distance Learning Group

Agenda

1) Highlights from T&L whole group call (7-28); meeting notes here:  http://titanpad.com/HxWocIiN3Y

  • OpenEdPractices - A Proposal
    • Trying to keep core collaboration in one area
    • Can OEP be used as the T&L collaboration space?
    • List needs on OEP Brainstorming page

2) Tasks/projects
Need to narrow down the specific tasks/action items we are going to work on first. Priorities seem to be:

  • Sharing best practices or building/sharing faculty development materials.
    • If building the repository is where we start, how do we do that? How do we start?
    • Do we want to have a discussion forum? Separate list-serve?
  • Creating Sakai course site for faculty development
  • Consider how well Sakai 2 supports fully online classes and what additional capabilities are needed for Sakai 3

3) OpenEdPractices http://www.openedpractices.org/
 please add to requirements http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Open Ed Practices Brainstorming

4) Next Meeting

Thursday August 18th 5:00PM EDT / Friday, August 19th 7:00AM Australia


From etherpad:

Sign in:

Kate Ellis, Indiana
Ann Jensen, TX State
Debbie Runshe, IUPUI
Mathieu Plourde, Delaware
Tony McKenzie, Charles Sturt
Randy Thornton, rSmart
Kirk Alexander, UCDavis

And don't forget to add your name here : http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Distance Learning Group

Agenda

1) Highlights from T&L whole group call (7-28); meeting notes here:  http://titanpad.com/HxWocIiN3Y

  • Still working on Communication Plan, both internal and external: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Communications Brainstorming. Parent T&L group is seeking an overall plan on use of technology across the various groups.
  • OpenEdPractices - A Proposal         
  • Trying to keep core collaboration in one area
  • Can OEP be used as the T&L collaboration space?
  • http://demo.xolotl.org/user will let you create an account in the demo site with working forums in Drupal 6
  • List needs on OEP Brainstorming page - http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Open+Ed+Practices+Brainstorming
  •         
    2) Tasks/projects
    Need to narrow down the specific tasks/action items we are going to work on first. Priorities seem to be:
  • Sharing best practices or building/sharing faculty development materials.         
  • If building the repository is where we start, how do we do that? How do we start?
  • Do we want to have a discussion forum? Separate list-serve?
  •         
  • Creating Sakai course site for faculty development (question)
  • Consider how well Sakai 2 supports fully online classes and what additional capabilities are needed for Sakai 3
  •  
    3) OpenEdPractices http://www.openedpractices.org/
     please add to requirements 
     Randy has a demo site available for OpenEdPractices; plan is to do an upgrade to Drupal 6. A discussion forum was created there. See OpenEdPractices demo site; we can log multiple threaded discussions and much more; see OpenEdPractices brainstorming page: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Open+Ed+Practices+Brainstorming. To create an account see idea 3b. See DL group; sandbox. Once you create an account you can do a lot. (In addition to working in forum, also test out "My Unread" on left sidebar)
     Create account page: http://demo.xolotl.org/user
     Demo Site: http://demo.xolotl.org/
     Think about how to make documents findable in OpenEdPractices - see Resources page - http://openedpractices.org/resources
    Additional resource types can be added
     
    4) Next Meeting
    Thursday August 18th 5:00PM EDT / Friday, August 19th 7:00AM Australia

ACTION ITEMS:
PLAY with discussion forums on drupal demo
Randy will look at resource / metadata / tagging possibilities  in demo site
Create a list of the sorts of resources we might want to share in OpenEdPractices  (Ann will set up)
Add to OpenEdBrainstorming page - brainstorming features
Watch for an email from Ann!
Thank you.