Child pages
  • Organizational Call Agenda
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting Time:

Thursday, July 22nd at 5:00PM EDT/ Friday, 23rd at 7:00AM Australia

Call in Information:

Name: Sakai003 - Ad-hoc
Telephone: +1-812-856-7060
Internet:156.56.240.9
Conference Code: 22386#
PIN: 72524#

Notes

Welcome and Introductions (Introduce Yourself)

  • Rob Coyle, Johns Hopkins
  • Randy Thornton, rSmart
  • Brian Dashew, Marist College
  • Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
  • Mathieu Plourde, University of Delaware
  • Kate Ellis, Indiana
  • Maggie Ricci, Indiana
  • Ann Jensen, TX State
  • Rob Fentress, Virginia Tech
  • Jon Hays, UC Berkeley
  • Tony McKenzie, UCS

Primary  Goals for this Call (Items to be answers as we discuss the  topics below):

  • How can we capture feedback from those who cannot attend  calls? for engagement with a broader community
  • OpenEdPractices Repository- What do we want this to include, how to expand it to share with Sakai community and beyond
  • What are our projects/action items

How  do we want to work and communicate?

  • Confluence Page for DL Group (work in progress)- http://bit.ly/SakaiDL
  • Weekly Calls? Forums? Emails List? SakaiDL listserv coming soon
  • How can we capture feedback from those who cannot attend calls?
  • Are there other projects/areas in the community we should be  engaging?
  • Discussion:
  • Rob Fentress: Web Conferecning (Centra-Adobe Connect-Elluminate)
  • Brian  - posting to Confluence for people who can't attend?
  • Email list challenging to keep track of conversation
  • Sakai site for forum w email notification; problems with consistency--where to find the discussions
  • Forums on OpenEd?
  • Split DL group into working groups?
  •  Google Wave?
  •  Brainstorming vs product-oriented
  • OpenEd: presentation, collections, Do we want to use it for committee work? Probably used for discussion about practices 
  • Teaching and Learning Practices
  • Options for Discussion Forum around topics in DL. Let's try OpenEdPracitces
  • if you would like to help test a forum tool on OEP site, let Randy know (wink)
  • Randy's email: rthornton@rsmart.com
  • Forum-type area seems like a good answer
  • forum should be able to be watched and/or RSS
  • digest mode?
        OR generic Sakai instance? There is no centralized Sakai site
        Use Sakai to build a faculty dev site so may want forum in sakai
        OR institution-hosted site?
            will follow up with T&L main group and sub-group on OEP site working with Kim Thanos and the Foundation 

Areas  of Focus (What do we want to work on)

  • OpenEdPractices Repository- What do we want this to include
  • What are our other large priorities based on the brainstorming. http://bit.ly/apaY6n\\* Are  there areas of discussion vs. areas of action 

Topics  From Brainstorming Page:
    Projects/areas of action:

  • Build a Repository for Distance Ed
  • Create Faculty Development Courses
  • Discussion Forum 
                Discussion:
  • A discussion area/email list that allows for focus communication  around  distance leaning
  • How to create structured presentation of content in Sakai
                 Whether and how Sakai can help with the traditional challenges of  distance learning
                 

Next Steps:
1) Investigate central Sakai site for forum and course site for faculty development course 
2) Randy to set up test site in OpenEdPractices, email him to participate
3) Look into Web conferencing, Rob F.(Centra) and Connect (Maggie) and DimDim (dimdim.com) and Skype

Next Meeting:
Fortnightly

Notepad: http://titanpad.com/zJzUwCR5gg

Agenda:

Welcome and Introductions

(Introduce Yourself)

Primary Goals for this Call (Items to be answers as we discuss the topics below):
  • How can we capture feedback from those who cannot attend calls? 
  • OpenEdPractices Repository- What do we want this to include
How do we want to work and communicate?
  • Confluence Page for DL Group (Still being developed)- http://bit.ly/SakaiDL
  • Weekly Calls? Forums? Emails List?
  • How can we capture feedback from those who cannot attend calls?
  • Are there other projects/areas in the community we should be engaging?
Areas of Focus (What do we want to work on)
  • OpenEdPractices Repository- What do we want this to include
  • What are our other large priorities based on the brainstorming. http://bit.ly/apaY6n* Are there areas of discussion vs. areas of action
    Topics From Brainstorming Page:
  • Build a Repository for Distance Ed 
  • A discussion area/email list that allows for focus communication around distance leaning
  • Create Faculty Development Courses
  • How to create structured presentation of content in Sakai
  •  Whether and how Sakai can help with the traditional challenges of distance learning

Next Steps:

Next Meeting: