Dial 1-888-447-7153 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-447-7153 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970
- Welcome and Introductions
- Notetaker volunteers? Etherpad: http://titanpad.com/tl-lenses
- Today's topics:
- Future direction for the Design Lenses working group
- Lynn Ward, Indiana University
- Josh Baron, Marist
- Debbie Runshe, IUPUI
- Jon Hays, UCB
- Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Idea from David:
- Hi Lynn, I can't make the call today, but thought I'd share the idea of using the Design Lenses as a scorecard for Sakai.
- Each Lens/Facet could be scored for CLE and OAE with a rating on how well the item is addressed: High, Medium, Low, not available.
- It would be interesting of folks perceptions.
- And I might hope that across the two platforms that everything is touched at some level, and in some cases even High.
- work occurring on the steering committee and the OAE
- lessons to learn about how groups outside the managed project can contribute
- ultimately there is a challenge in the open-source world
- we have an opportunity to debrief and look at lessons learned and suggest a more community driven approach
- Self-organize like the TCC; how do we gain influence
- If we could establish a process that was followed; as means to get foundation resources, you might need to meet certain requirements
- Mentioned the Kuali model
- Aware that right now, the URG is engaged in design review of what will be developed thru June
- Frustrated as a design review process as opposed to requirements gathering
- Would like to look at the list of things for the future in OAE
- Jon is engaging his local user groups, but woud like to engage a broader community
- Design lenses is the marriage of an LMS and a social networking environment
- We're a point where a conversation with some of the others on the project about the value they place on this type of feedback.