The Teaching and Learning Group is reaching out to get feedback from developers, PMC members and the larger Sakai community on some of the work that has been done over the past few months. We are hoping that folks can take 10-15 minutes to review a draft document and post some comments by Monday, December 2, 2013.
WHAT WE NEED HELP WITH...
The Teaching and Learning Group has spent the past month or so working to develop a PRELIMINARY list of enhancements for Lessons/Lesson Builder that is called for in Phase One of the T&L Capability Review Process. The idea is to create an "unfiltered" list early in our work, which was suggested by developers in prior feedback, of any and all ideas the group has for enhancements as means to get initial feedback from developers. We hope this will allow the T&L group to become aware of technical challenges, other related work that may be going on already in the community and some understanding of resource needs to implement the enhancement.
We have started to develop a Preliminary Enhancement List using a Google Spreadsheet but are unsure if the information it contains or the format will meet the needs of developers. Thus, before we continue to work on it, we wanted to pause and hear from developers directly. More specifically, we are hoping to hear back on questions such as:
- Is it useful to express ideas as "user needs" and "user scenarios/stories"?
- Is it useful to include suggestions for how user needs might be best addressed?
- Would it be useful if the T&L group ranked the importance of each idea?
- Did the way the spreadsheet was formatted work for you? If not, how could it be improved?
- What would be the easiest way for you to provide feedback, would you prefer to add comments directly to the spreadsheet? Confluence?
HOW TO REVIEW AND COMMENT ON OUR DRAFT WORK...
We would recommend the following steps for reviewing and commenting on this work:
- If you are unfamiliar with the proposed T&L Capability Review Process you should briefly review it. We are currently working on "Phase One".
- To help orient community members to what is contained in the Google Spreadsheet, we have created a PDF Spreadsheet Guide which has comments embedded that will describe the intent of each column. We would recommend that you have this PDF open when reviewing the spreadsheet.
- Access the T&L Capability Review: Lesson Builder (DRAFT) Google Spreadsheet and review the approach we are taking.
- Post comments to this Confluence page (see below) responding to the questions above or simply with any comments or feedback
**Important** > Although you are free to provide any and all feedback, we are primarily interested in thoughts regarding the process and format we are using and not the content. We will be seeking feedback on the content specifically at a later date.