Participants: Josh, Mathieu, Robin, Charlie, Eddie, John, Salwa, Kate, Steven.
1. VA Tech Regional Conference
- John has a summary of proposals, including 6 from VA Tech.
- 7 proposals from outside VA Tech (5 institutions, 2 companies).
- Should find a way to identify who are faculty members.
- Janet suggests a faculty from UD, will contact him.
- No obligation but the Paris conference. Aileen and Salim wanted to do more.
- Janet will follow-up with Aileen. Funding for travel?
- An award winner as a keynote? Possibility...
- Small amount of money in the budget to support keynote travel. John will pursue this track and come back to this group.
- Robin will send a proposal on migration.
- Unicon might present.
- Unicon might have a keynote speaker.
- Presentation on Marketing/Adoption strategies.
- Get Rutgers to talk about OSP?
- Mark David Milliron, from North Carolina (http://catalyzelearning.net). Outstanding speaker. For Boston? Judging for TWSIA?
- Steve has video footage for K12.
- Logistics: From Roanoke to Va Tech, $3 bus.
- Lunch and breaks are included, not dinner.
- $125, might be a early bird special.
- Greensboro Airport is 2 hours away.
- Google Map.
2. TWSIA 09
- Josh and Mathieu will use the next two weeks to work on a final draft for sponsorship plan.
- Folks in South Africa have put up a similar judging process. Will be involved.
- We are on target so far.
- Sponsors have to be secured by mid-October.
- Levels of sponsorship discussion. Will offer IBM top level first.
- Who will be the contact? Josh for IBM, others TBD.
- Reach out for a VoIP sponsor? Sue has a contact with Elluminate.