Participants: Josh, Mathieu, Maggie, Karl Forest, Nate, Kate.
Paris Conference Presentations
Pre-Conference Workshop - Teaching With Sakai
- Teaching with Sakai Pre-Conference Planning Site
- We have to determine the agenda.
- Let's meet during lunch (UPMC cafeteria)
- We have to be at the room by 1:00 PM.
Promoting Exemplary and Innovative Teaching with Sakai
1) Background of the TWSIA - Matt - 10 min
2) Engage with the rubric and process - Maggie - 10 min +
3) Showcase Honorable mentions - Janet - 10 min
4) Showcase two others from Top 10 - Kate - 10 min
5) Q & A
5) Next steps: Invite participants to the BOF
The Wiki Tool
- Josh will send 3 slides about his examples. Matt will integrate them into a larger PPT file.
- Intro: breakout group discuss what a wiki is, and it can be used. They post their answers on the conference wiki. 5 minutes
- Matt discusses the basics of what wikis are. 5 minutes
- Matt shows some examples from UD. 5 minutes
- Josh shows examples from Marist. 10 miutes
- Matt presents different ways to use the Sakai wiki (content authoring, migration from WebCT, groups, permissions, comments, subsections, JSMath, etc.) 15 minutes
- Josh moderates: List requirements (Look at Jira?). 10 minutes
- Q&A, open mic. Whatever's left...
- Josh asks: Organize a BOF?
To review some materials describing proposed enhancements to the OpenedPractices.org website, there are things to consider on every page of the wiki area for the collection, but there are three primary areas to review:
A wireframe showing how new enhancements might appear on the site home page (click on thumbnail). http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/yoLj
- T&L Practices
Discussion to resolve the duplication between the T&L Practices and Course Profiles currently collected on the site. http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/KADT
- Intellectual Property
Discussion to decide the best path to establishing intellectual property for materials contributed to the site. http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/dYCzAQ
Nate did a presentation about OpenedPractices.org at the JaSIG conference this spring, and is scheduled to do a similar presentation at the Sakai Paris conferences.