- Josh, Mathieu, Mary, Kate, Reba-Anna, Salwa, Sue
1. Pre-Conference Discussion
- Focus should be on T&L
- Josh has contacted some of the presenters to get some clarifications
- People are coming to this session to see innovative or emerging practices
- Steering committees have been implemented in a lot of school, they are not classroom practices, but they do have an impact on T&L.
- Mary: Afternoon sessions
- Three other PM sessions: Library integration, OSP technical training, Newcomers' session
- Josh's board meeting will start in the morning
- Would be helpful to have a description on the conference site
- Once the schedule is finalized, a space will be available
- Send a message to the pedagogy and OSP lists
- Specs on the room? Classroom style, seats 75.
2. Finalizing the Award
- Josh will send a message to the sponsors about the Award.
- Sponsors: Wiley has paid, others are pending.
- Moving the Award winners' presentations to Thursday, will use the Opening remarks to give them their Award.
- 8:30-9:40 on Thursday: Opening remarks, winners announced, then winners' presentations.
- Robin will have to have a look at it.
- Winners and honorable mentions will participate in the ceremony.
- One-page flier will be added to highlight the TWSIA.
- Mary will inform the faculty presenters of the schedule changes.
- Make the flier not white
- Judges would be interested in attending.
- Can we waive the registration fee? Since they are not a Sakai institution, no. Mary will reduce their fee to the member's rate.
- Plaques: Sue will get them fabricated in CA. Mary will bring pink Sakaigers.
- Thursday evening: TWSIA dinner, like last year. Mary needs a rough count.
- We will need to work on the website.
- We will need to seek sponsors earlier next year.
3. New requirements' efforts
- Salwa has built a file about what has been done in the past.
- The new product manager will be very involved with this process.
- Community gathering session at Boston (Josh, Salwa, David Goodrum).
- The back and forth between the requirement gatherers and the developers is critical.