Participants: Josh, Sue, Mathieu, Robin, Hannah, Steve, Salwa
The 2009 Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award deadline has past so we're in the process of moving into the evaluation phase. Those who are participating in the judging have a call scheduled for tomorrow to review the plans for the initial round of evaluations so we won't take too much time on today's call to discuss the award. That said, I think it would be useful to do a general "check in" to look out on the horizon a bit to make sure we have a grip on what is coming up next.
In addition to this topic, I would like to talk a bit more about the idea of running a pre-conference Teaching and Learning "workshop". We had some good ideas last time we discussed this but I think we need to firm them up a bit.
Finally, if we have time and there is interest, I would like to continue the dialog around some type of new "requirements" process that would help the teaching and learning community surface functionality needs.
- 17 entries
- Thoughts on why? People were intimidated by last year's winners.
- We should define a lower bar.
- Location might have been a problem. Not as exotic.
- Budget crisis?
- The extension was helpful. To keep in mind for next year.
- Sue: everything is running smoothly.
- Sue will manage the final judging.
- Initial judging meeting tomorrow.
- Kate will run the show tomorrow.
- Josh touched base with Dr. Chuck. Not going to use a big chunk of time this year.
- Robin is in charge of the 5 minutes of fame/shame/frame. Created the event. Preconference 2009 Teaching and Learning
- We can leave some free informal time during the pre-conference.
- Robin and Sue are track leads for "Using Sakai".
- April 10th: deadline to submit proposals.
- Would be nice to bring in students too.
- Robin: T&L, portfolio, End-User lists.
- Josh: Announcements, Newsletter.
- Need a featured presentation for the TWSIA winners.
3. RI Conference
- Steve: Attend if you're into K12.
4. Sakai 3 Announcement
- Michael is going to send a document in the near future.
- Lots of opportunities to get engaged.
5. Requirements Gathering
- Requirement process is kinda broken... Need for a T&L requirement gathering process.
- Problems with Jira.
- Steve: Very important work, but we struggle to find time to do it.
- Robin: The process exists, but people are confused.
- What's blocking the development process in the community? We are not sure...
- Communication issues.
- Developers don't like to fix, they like to build.
- Salwa: The list was getting too long, hard to assign. Fell through the cracks.
- Not enough developer resources to make things happen.
- Users are not developers in Sakai... Unlike other open-source projects.