a. Finalize Application Form and Judging Rubric (Josh & Maggie)
(Weighting of rubric criteria?)
*Are there additional sponsors? Do we know total amount of money?
b. Proposed timeline for TSIA (Kate)
Application deadline: Friday, April 11 - Move it to the Monday (4-14).
Week of 14-18: Review of application by committee
Semi-finalist (10-15) selected by committee, deadline: Friday, April 18 Move it to the Monday
Week of 21-25: Review of semi-finalists by judges
Selection of 5 finalists by judges, deadline: Friday, April 25 Move it to the Monday
Weeks of 4/28 - 5/9: interviews with 5 finalists by judges
Week of May 12-15: discussion and finalize winner
Winner announced: Friday, May 16 Move it to the Monday
One question is--are folks on the committee and the judges able to commit to large chunks of time in this timeframe?
c. Application Online Form
- Status--all agreed about wording?
- Nate: post the PDF by the end of next week on the OpenEd site.
- Have everything up by the 19th.
- Contact form (keep names anonymous). Need to reply to the group. Eddie and Janet will be the contacts.
- Not visible before after the conference. (have a checkbox to say that they accept to publish to the repository).
- Advertise the OpenEdPractices.org in our communications.
- We need to finalize the Glossary ASAP, since faculty will be using it to complete their application.
e Press Release
- finalize wording
*Who is releasing where? Nate to Campus Technology; Janet to Sakai Newsletter. Where else?
Send everything on the 19th, except for news wire.
- Chosen Name: OpenEd Practices
- OSP Community buy-in (3-17)
- Define a mission statement
- Other topics:
- Legacy content
- Interface Design