Participants: Sue, Josh, Mary Miles, Emily, Salwa, Kelli, Anna Galka (Windsor), Lorie Stolarchuk (Windsor), Robin, Mathieu, Kate
1. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
Sponsorship: (plan here)
- Josh: rSmart accepted to sponsor at the support-level. w00t!
- Sue: Sungard, Elluminate: not sure yet.
- Charlie: Unicon, will join late.
- We have to think of the budgeting cycle next year.
- Sponsors will miss the Sakai Foundation press release if they don't come back to us before the VA tech event.
- Need to add rSmart, openedpractices on the flyer for VA Tech?
Form available on the 11th? Unlikely.
- Need to put info (rubrics, rules, etc.)
- Need a target date to start posting. Nov 24th or Dec 1.
- Josh will attach the rubric to Confluence and send an email to the list.
- Attach the rubric to the flyer? We need to revise it first...
- Make the rubric available, announce that the application process will be opened on Dec 1.
- Make a PDF available of all the questions. Emphasis on innovation.
- Sue will work on slides for Michael.
- Mathieu will update the OpenEdPractices site.
- Mathieu will help Sue update the flyer.
- Final version must be sent to Mary by noon on Friday.
Local Sakai awards: would be able to present at the Boston conf.
- Indiana, Windsor, Valencia, and Stanford have some initiatives under consideration.
- Link the local events to the international one?
Change contact info to Sue on OpenEdPractices.
Josh will confirm the judges for the press release.
2. VA Tech Regional Conference Follow-Up
- Need for a conference space to dump material.
- 145 attendees are registered.
3. Showing Demo Courses
New references on that page: Showing Demo Courses
- We will follow-up on this later. Have a look at Robin's link.
4. Follow-up from EDUCAUSE
- Flyers were all distributed at the reception but 3 (Mary).