Participants: Charlie, Salwa, Maggie, Sue, Kelli, Mathieu, Mary Miles
Josh will not be able to participate, Mathieu will activate the call.
1. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
1.1 Technical Follow-Up on Submission Form
- Could we indicate the allowed number of characters instead of the number of words for each section?
- Is the missing line breaks issue resolved? Last year's submissions took some lines breaks out.
- Screenshots were resized last year. Could we use clickable thumbnails that would show the original screenshot in a popup instead?
- Could we add comments to the attached images?
- Could we get a Jira-like process to paste in screenshots?
- Sue says the judge selection goes on.
- Mick from IBM confirmed they will be involved.
- Need something for Educause (10-27). Sue will draft something up. IBM has to get involved.
- Mary will distribute to the Open-source reception at Educause.
- Deadline for info for flyer: next call.
- Send info to Sue.
- Mary will send Sakai log, Mathieu will send Award log to Sue.
2. VA Tech Regional Conference
- Eddie and John will not be on the call, but here's a quick update...
- As you know, 150 is the capacity for the conference. 111 have signed up as of this morning (10/15)
- Within the next seven days, Eddie will be putting out a call to chair sessions to those that have registered for the conference.
3. Discussion in User group: Showing Demo Courses
Note especially question 1, about how to post such items on OpenedPractices. I will miss this meeting (out of town), but ask the T&L members to consider this question for later discussion. --Robin Hill