Thursday, October 14th at 5:00PM EDT/ Friday, October 15th at 7:00AM Australia
"The Ins and Outs of the Charles Strut University Online Learning Environment."
Tony McKenzie and James Brann,
Charles Strut University's Learning and Teaching Services
Charles Sturt University is the biggest Sakai community member in Australia. It is presently experiencing a period of significant cultural change as it seeks to apply good practice learning and teaching principles in face to face, distance education, and (increasingly) blended learning environments. That's what Tony and James will try to give a sense of. James will give a snapshot interpretation from the viewpoint of CSU's team of educational designers; Tony will describe how the Division of Learning and Teaching Services is attempting to support continuous quality improvement in learning and teaching across the institution.
There will be an opportunity for the community to engage with Tony and James after their presentation and ask questions.
Call in Information
No phone call. We will meet by web conferencing via Adobe Connect.
Connect Meeting Room:
Log in as guest. Enter your real name.
This meeting will be via web conferencing (Adobe Connect) only, no telephone conference call. You will need a headset to participate in the audio conversation, or you can use your computer speakers IF YOU MUTE YOUR MIC AND LEAVE IT OFF; otherwise there will be a horrible echo. You will also be able to participate in the meeting through a CHAT WINDOW.
- All Connect users need the Flash Player. This Adobe Web page will determine if the Flash Player is installed on your computer and report the version.
- You need the Connect Meeting Add-in. It installs the first time you join a Connect meeting as a Host or Presenter, or the first time you are promoted to Host or Presenter. If you'd like to install it ahead of time, it is available for Windows or Macintosh.
- Adobe's Meeting Participant QuickStart Guide (PDF)
- Adobe's Overview of the Connect Interface (video)
- Please make sure you run the audio wizard (Meeting>Manage My Settings>Audio Setup Wizard) if you are using a headset.
Here are some video tutorials on a variety of Connect features (courtesy of Patrick Smith, Texas State):