Participants: Josh Baron, Mary Miles, Robin Hill, Mathieu Plourde, Keli Amann, Kate Ellis, Eddie Watson, John Moore, and some more...
1. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
- TWSIA09 Planning
- Sue can't make the call but sent an email with some follow-up info.
- The two winners of last year's award will present at VA Tech.
- Sent a list of potential judges.
- Discussion around the idea of having rotating judges to avoid stagnation.
- International representation in judging.
- Think about a way to bring judges to the event as well for future events.
- People are supportive of a rotating panel of judges, including winners from previous years.
- Submission process to discuss next week.
- Walkthrough of last year's process (Mathieu).
- First refusal on the reception for the leader's level. Would have to pay more money.
- Companies to reach out to. Need most funding secured by the VA Tech event.
- IBM - Josh is on the case
- Commercial affiliates. Mary will send list to Josh.
- Turnitin.com? Keli Amann says she has a contact with iParadigm.
- Ask IBM first, give them a deadline.
2. VA Tech Regional Conference
- Draft Conference Schedule
- Send your feedback to Eddie.
- Have a newbie event for international event non-attendees, and new schools.