Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Notes: http://titanpad.com/WoaZr9TdoP

(1) Communications Update (Kim Thanos) - Kim wanted feedback on the call schedule she has posted on the communications brainstorming page. I'm not sure where this stands but wanted to touch on it. (page is at http://bit.ly/9zm8yN). As part of this, I would like to finalize the frequency of the "whole group" calls (either once every two weeks or once a month seems to be the options)

(2) Terminology Discussion - We didn't get to this last week so I wanted to try and touch on it up front in the agenda. I think it would be useful if we standardized some terms (sub-group vs. committee) to help with external communication.

(3) Group Reports (by facilitator) - Please take a moment before the call to review the notes from last time and be prepared to update folks on some of the issues/questions that were identified. Notes are at http://titanpad.com/HxWocIiN3Y. Unless I messed up again (Sorry Roger!), I think the groups who will be reporting are:

1. Distance Learning
2. TWSIA 2011 Committee
3. Learning Capabilities Design Lenses
4. Student Engagement


Pad Notes


8-11-10 T&L Meeting 

Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Agenda:

Roll Call - who is on the call?
Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montréal
Rob Coyle, Johns Hopkins
Roger Henry, Indiana University
Salwa Khan, Texas State
Kate Ellis, Indiana
Kim Thanos
Lynn Ward, Indiana
Philip Uys, CSU
David Goodrum, Indiana
Maggie Ricci, Indiana
Rita Pavolka, Indiana
Robin Hill, Wyoming
Ken Romeo, Stanford
stephan bera
Kirk Alexander, UC Davis
Debbie Runshe
Sue Roig, Claremont

(1) Communications Update (Kim Thanos) - Kim wanted feedback on the call schedule she has posted on the communications brainstorming page. I'm not sure where this stands but wanted to touch on it. (page is at http://bit.ly/9zm8yN). As part of this, I would like to finalize the frequency of the "whole group" calls (either once every two weeks or once a month seems to be the options)
*** New listservs set-up for each subgroup
(2) Terminology Discussion - We didn't get to this last week so I wanted to try and touch on it up front in the agenda. I think it would be useful if we standardized some terms (sub-group vs. committee) to help with external communication.

(3) Group Reports (by facilitator) - Please take a moment before the call to review the notes from last time and be prepared to update folks on some of the issues/questions that were identified. Notes are at http://titanpad.com/HxWocIiN3Y. Unless I messed up again (Sorry Roger!), I think the groups who will be reporting are:

1. Distance Learning i lik
Randy and Nate has set up some OEP tests
Projects: 
Sharing Best Practices and Materials/Resources (Do we want to develop a common set of tags?)
Common Course in Sakai
Q: Will there be an expanded OEP site? or do we continue to work in Confluence?

2. TWSIA 2011 Committee 

 ,m m ,
4. Student Engagement - student projects on both Sakai 2 series and Sakai 3
  Roger will send ideas to Josh this week, and Josh will recruit faculty.

Action Items:

1. Consider that titanpad may not be the best place to interact - we would hope more than 16 instances will be needed.
2. Continue to add to OpenEdPractices brainstorming page
 

Pad Chat

 

August 11, 2010

14:29 kim: BTW, I am capturing more detailed notes this time.
14:29 Philip Uys (CSU): good - thanks!
14:29 Rob Coyle: thank you!
14:29 kim: Which shouldn't stop anyone from making fun of Josh in the Etherpad.
14:31 Robin Hill: Kim, are you taking notes here in the Etherpad??
14:32 Robin Hill: Okay, I see.
14:39 kim: No. I'm doing the notes in Word so I can publish them.
14:49 stephan bera: Not sure who to address this to, but how do I sign up to be a member of one of these T&L subgroups? Thanks.
14:50 Roger Henry: to david's point, how about we bring in some of the past winners and engage them on this discussion?
14:53 Rita Pavolka: 16 is definitely the limit
14:56 Kate Ellis: I agree with Phillip. Sometimes just using Sakai for file sharing is innovative (to them)
14:57 Rob Coyle: Kate: I agree, but that wouldn't make it through the rubric
14:57 Kate Ellis: I'd like to see excellence.
14:57 Philip Uys (CSU): agree
14:58 Lynn Ward: i like the wordin of he definition or he qualities you are looking for in the nominees--just not sure it natches up to the word innovation
14:58 Lynn Ward: yes, O'd like to see the word excellence in the title
14:59 Lynn Ward: innovation and excellence
14:59 Robin Hill: Or maybe "progressive"...
14:59 Lynn Ward: i've got to run now
15:00 Robin Hill: You can put your elegant text back!
15:00 kim: Stephen, there are links to each page from http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21954623
15:00 kim: You can sign up there.
15:00 Rob Coyle: I didn't take it away
15:01 Philip Uys (CSU): thanks folks - goodbye
15:03 Robin Hill: "A novel or progressive transformation of the educational experience"
15:03 Robin Hill: Yes, Lynn sent the link.
15:04 Rob Coyle: Robin: got it
15:08 Roger Henry: yes, rob, send it
15:08 Roger Henry: yes.
15:09 Roger Henry: the funky baron