- Download Jsp-Adapter: https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/sakai-jsp-adapter/tags/sakai-jsp-adapter-0.10-K1
- Install Jsp-Adapter: mvn clean insall
- Download OpenSyllabus using the SVN link or the binary link.
- Install and deploy OpenSyllabus: mvn clean install sakai:deploy -Dmaven.tomcat.home=%CATALINA_HOME%
Note: Before deploying OpenSyllabus, run a full install of your Sakai with maven (mvn clean install -Pfull) because OpenSyllabus reference some sakai tool that are not on the default build (assignment for example)
Use HEC SDATA
This version of OpenSyllabus comes with our modified version of Sdata. Our SDATA is added as a war file located in the folder gwt-shared/lib.
The war is deployed to your tomcat/webapps repository when you deploy the code using maven: mvn clean install sakai:deploy -Dmaven.tomcat.home=%CATALINA_HOME%
Removing our SDATA war file won't stop code from compiling and deploying but users won't be able to add documents and citations to the syllabus using the browsers.
Course Outline Configurations
The OpenSyllabus code comes with a default configuration. This configuration contains:
- the messages used in the course outline
- the sections used in the course outline (lectures, themes, presentations ...)
- the css files and images used in OpenSyllabus
An institution can define more than one configuration and make it available to users or make it mandatory.
OpenSyllabus for Sakai 2.6.1 is really "HEC friendly" we would suggest you download all our Sakai 2.6.1 version to prevent some customization issues: svn://pollux.hec.ca/full_versions/branches/HEC_Prod_A2010
Contact us using the sakai-dev list or firstname.lastname@example.org.